Per a release from the Buffalo Bisons Sportsnet Radio 590 The FAN will be airing eight Buffalo Bisons games for the remainder of the 2013 International League season. The first game they will be simulcasting will be on July 1 for a 7:15 Bisons game against the Charlotte Knights. Each broadcast will feature "The Voice of the Bisons" Ben Wagner (whom we interviewed here and here) as well as his partner Duke McGuire, and Pat Malacaro.
Of course, you could listen to all Bisons games for free online already (at Bisons.com), but this is a good sign that Sportsnet feels there is enough interest in baseball--minor league baseball no less--to pick up the rights to eight games over the air. I know that ever since the affiliation was formalized between them and the Blue Jays, the Bisons were working to get some broadcasts up here in Toronto. Toronto never broadcast any Las Vegas 51s games; however I'm unsure whether Syracuse Chiefs games were ever broadcast north of the border.
This sounds like a great opportunity for them to draw more visitors down to Coca-Cola Field, especially with the expected rehab appearances by Brett Lawrie and Brandon Morrow.
- Monday, July 1 (7:15 p.m.) Bisons at Charlotte Knights (Chicago White Sox)
- Saturday, July 6 (7:05 p.m.) Bisons vs. Syracuse Chiefs (Washington Nationals)
- Thursday, July 11 (7:05 p.m.) Bisons at Lehigh Valley IronPigs (Philadelphia Phillies)
- Thursday, July 18 (7:05 p.m.) Bisons vs. Toledo Mud Hens (Detroit Tigers)
- Saturday, July 20 (7:05 p.m.) Bisons vs. Toledo Mud Hens (Detroit Tigers)
- Saturday, July 27 (7:00 p.m.) Bisons at Toledo Mud Hens (Detroit Tigers)
- Monday, Aug. 19 (7:05 p.m.) Bisons at Pawtucket Red Sox (Boston Red Sox)
- Saturday, Aug. 31 (7:05 p.m.) Bisons at Rochester Red Wings (Minnesota Twins)
Blue Jays in Mandarin / 藍鳥普通話現場直播
Tonight's major league game between the Blue Jays and the Red Sox will be broadcast in Mandarin Chinese on Roger's OMNI.2 station as Taiwanese pitcher Chien-Ming Wang will be on the hill. This will be the first live Chinese broadcast of a Major League Baseball game in Canada.
In the video (0:40) you can see and hear Wei Lee, the Mandarin play-by-play announcer. Lee will be joined by former Taiwanese baseball player Robert Wu as the analyst. So if you aren't in the mood for Buck and Pat, maybe you'll like Wei and Robert better.