Five Dunedin Blue Jays were named to the Florida State League (A-Advanced) North Division All-Star Team today. The annual FSL All-Star Game will be held at Florida Auto Exchange Stadium, home of the D-Jays and the spring training home of the Toronto Blue Jays.
The five all-stars are:
- RHP Scott Copeland: 6-1, 2.37 ERA, 12 GS, 76.0 IP, 15.6 K%, 5.2 BB%, 1.11 WHIP, 3.03 FIP
- LHP Tony Davis: 2-1, 3.70 ERA, 1 SV, 20 G, 0 GS, 24.1 IP, 35.6 K%, 10.6 BB%, 1.19 WHIP, 1.76 FIP
- RHP Jesse Hernandez: 4-4, 2.60 ERA, 10 GS, 55.1 IP, 16.7 K%, 9.4 BB%, 1.30 WHIP, 3.80 FIP
- P Blake McFarland: 0-3, 3.38 ERA, 11 SV, 20 G, 0 GS, 18.2 IP, 26.3 K%, 12.5 BB%, 1.45 WHIP, 3.25 FIP
- IF Andy Burns: .292/.362/.477, 136 wRC+, 224 PA, 6 HR, 35 RBI, 17 SB - 8 CS, 9.8 BB%, 13.4 K%
The festivities will be held on Saturday, June 15. The home run derby will start at 5:35 pm, and the game between the North and South divisions will start at 7:05 pm.
The AAA All-Star Game, to be played between the International League All-Stars and the Pacific Coast League All-Stars, will be in Reno this year on July 17. You can vote for the AAA All-Stars here. The difference between this and the Major League vote is that fans can also select pitchers. Vote Bisons!
The Eastern League (AA) All-Star Game will be held in New Britain, Connecticut on Wednesday, July 10th.You can vote for the EL All-Stars here, but all the votes are write-in, and you can only vote for one position player and one pitcher at a time. Vote Fisher Cats!
The Midwest League (A) All-Star Game will be played in Dayton, Ohio on Tuesday, June 18.