Who's Up, Who's Down On the Blue Jays In the Last Two Weeks, July 1 to 14: Batters

New, comments

A quick look at how our batters have fared in the over the last two weeks.

USA TODAY Sports

Our batters hit .262/.332/.398 over the past two weeks, much like they have for most of the season, with a little less power than their norm for the season. .

Batters

Arrow_up_3

J.P. Arencibia

He played in 11 games, 9 starts of 13. Really, he's been pretty good, .273/.351/.364, with 1 home run, 6 RBI, 4 walks and 11 strikeouts. You do have to like that he called out his critics and then started to play better. He's even thrown out a base stealer or two. the 4 walks in 2 weeks is, by his standards, great. One thing about him, he's stayed pretty healthy the last couple years.

Arrow_around_3_medium

Edwin Encarnacion

Edwin played in 10 of the 13 games, first games he's missed this season. He's been incredibly consistent in a season when everyone's been inconsistent. This past couple of weeks hasn't been his best, .212/.381/.485 with 2 home runs, his first triple of the season, 6 RBI, 9 walks, 4 strikeouts. Could be a down arrow, but I like that he's getting on base, even when he isn't hitting.

Arrow_up_3

Maicer Izturis

Let's just say, off the top, that I don't understand playing him at third with Lawrie at second. He played in 12 of 13 games and hit great, .415/.457/.439, 0 home runs, 7 RBI, 4 walks and 5 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Munenori Kawasaki

Sent down, called up, sent down again. Played in 9 games, didn't hit at all, .120/.185/.120, had just 3 hits, of course one of them was a game winner. Then he made a bad error in the bottom of the inning that almost cost us the game.

Arrow_down_3

Brett Lawrie

He's back. It has only been two games, and he's only had 1 hit. I hate giving a guy a down arrow off two games. It does make me feel a little better that he had a single in his last at bat. He hasn't really had a tough play at second base yet, I really would like to see him turn a tough double play, if we really plan on him continuing to play the position.

Red-cross-icon-1_medium

Melky Cabrera Starting a rehab stint. Might be back after the All-Star break, at worst, a few days later.

Arrow_up_3

Colby Rasmus

Colby played in all those 13 games,. and he's been great, .375/.434/.646, 2 home runs, 10 RBI, 4 walks and 10 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Jose Bautista

Jose played in all 13 games. He wasn't great. He hit .229/.339/.396 with 1 home run, 5 RBI, 1 caught stealing, 8 walks and 10 strikeouts.

Arrow_down_3

Adam Lind

Adam played in 11 of 13, after an amazing May and June, he's allowed a couple a down weeks. Hit hit.200/.217/.333 with 0 home runs, 4 RBI, 1 walk and 12 strikeouts. He seems to be fixing himself, he has a 5 game hitting streak and has hit .333 in that time.

Arrow_down_3

Rajai Davis

He played in 10 of 13 games. It hasn't been a good two weeks for his bat. .189/.268/.324 with 1 home run, 3 RBI, 3 walks, 10 strikeouts. 5 stole bases, caught once. He's been chasing again.

Arrow_up_3

Emilio Bonifacio

He was in 8 of the 13 games, starting 6. It might be his best two weeks with the bat this season, .250/.375/.300, 2 RBI, 3 walks, 3 k. He was also caught stealing twice. Don't run on Matt Wieters. That should be posted in big letters in the visiting locker room at Camden Yards. He did have a huge walk in the game that Kawasaki had the game winning hit. I'm giving him an up arrow, because if he got on base at a .375 rate we'd love him, but it still wasn't a great two weeks.

Arrow_up_3

Jose Reyes

Jose played in all 13 games! He was pretty good, .316/.339/.456 with 2 home runs, 4 RBI, 1 walk, 6 strikeouts. 3 stolen bases and 1 caught. I'm so happy he is back, but I expected we'd win more.

Arrow_up_3

Mark DeRosa

He played in 5 games, hit .250/.286/.500 with 1 home run, 1 triple, 3 RBI, 1 walk and 4 k. Yeah, really, I'm totally happy with him putting up a .500 slugging average.

Arrow_down_3

Josh Thole

Played in 8 games, started 5, I was hoping he'd hit better. .176/.263/.176, 1 RBI, 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.