Blue Jays 6 Astros 8: stop me if you've heard this one, Josh Johnson was terrible

New, comments

I'm not sure what the answer is for Johnson.

There wasn't quite enough of this
There wasn't quite enough of this
Tom Szczerbowski

Astros 8 Blue Jays 6

Yet another bad stop from Josh Johnson. It's getting harder and to watch him. I don't know, I think it's time for an intervention. Or something. Josh went 5.2 innings, allowed 7 hits, 7 earned (though 1 of those should have been unearned, that first single that Mark DeRosa messed up should have been an error) (I know, it doesn't make it better), 2 walks, 8 strikeouts, 3 home runs allowed.

The Jays tried to come back. DeRosa, Colby Rasmus and Jose Bautista homered. Edwin Encarnacion went 4 for 4. The only Jays starters not to hit were Adam Lind (who had a tough time against the lefty starter Dallas Keuchel), J.P. Arencibia and Brett Lawrie. J.P. did take a walk.

Jay of the Day, Edwin (.209 WPA). He is so good right now, he's hitting everything hard.

Suckage goes to Johnson (-.381), Lind (-.212) and Lawrie (-.099).

Josh, if you can't beat the Astros, I don't think there is any hope for you.

26 of us posted 403 comments in the GameThread. Infield Triple led the way in a losing cause. A gritty performance.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Infield Triple 74
2 Tom Dakers 73
3 Belisarius 33