Blue Jays 1 Tigers 11: Verlander is good, Jays aren't

New, comments

Anyone else tired of baseball?

JP shows up Dirk and Gregg by showing he can fly.
JP shows up Dirk and Gregg by showing he can fly.
USA TODAY Sports

Tigers 11 Blue Jays 1

That was awful.

Esmil Rogers had a tough time of it. He game up 11 hits, 7 earned, 2 walks 2 with 4 strikeouts in 5 innings. The bullpen gave up 4 more runs.

On offence, well we did mange to get 3 hits off Justin Verlander. That's a victory of sorts. And we managed a run off Darin Downs in the 9th inning. We had 6 hits in total. 2 for Maicer Izturis. 1 each for J.P. Arencibia (that will show them), Jose Reyes, Edwin Encarnacion and Josh Thole. Adam Lind looked particularly bad, going 0 for 4 with 3 strikeouts.

JP would like us to say positive things, so I'll note that his 1 for 4 didn't include any strikeouts. Yay.

No Jays of the Day.

Suckage goes to Rogers (-.239).

Tomorrow the Twins come to town, I'm so glad to be done with the Tigers. Mark Buehrle (4-5, 4.81) goes up against Kevin Correia (6-5, 4.08).

I'll admit to hitting a crescendo of frustration with the team. Maybe it was JP whining about negative press. Or maybe it is just that bad baseball. Errors, bad play, lousy at bats....I feel like phoning Jays Talk.

Our GameThread had a surprising 534 comments, pretty good considering the game was over by the second inning. shortofbrillant beat me out for the led. A gritty performance in a losing effort. Or is that a losing effort in a gritty performance?

# Commenter # Comments
1 shortofbrillant 63
2 Tom Dakers 51
3 MjwW 43