Blue Jays 0 Twins 6: Bad baseball makes me sad

New, comments
Maicer Izturis getting doubled off.
Maicer Izturis getting doubled off.
Tom Szczerbowski

Twins 6 Blue Jays 0

Last year, when we were running into outs, it was easy to blame John Farrell. He didn't make the players accountable. It wouldn't happen with John Gibbons. He wouldn't put up with it. Well, turns out that we still make stupid base running mistakes and Gibby, well, he sits there and watches. Personally, I'd have gone onto the field to physically pull Maicer Izturis out of the game. Medium fly ball to center, and Maicer takes off from first like he doesn't understand that the other team is allowed to catch the ball.

Our first couple of innings pretty much told the story of the season. First inning, Jose Reyes gets on base on an error, then gets himself picked off of first. A fly out later, Edwin Encarnacion, Adam Lind and Colby Rasmus walk, but Rajai Davis grounds out. Second inning, Izturis singles, then puts his head down and runs on Josh Tholes, fly ball and gets doubled off.

Mike Pelfry came into his start today with a 6.11 ERA and we let him pitch 6 scoreless innings, allowing just 3 hits, 3 walks and no runs.

There wasn't much good to be said about our offense, we had 4 hits, 3 of them from Izturis, Rajia Davis had the other one and then was caught stealing right after.

R.A. Dickey, on the other hand, gave up 7 hits, 2 walks and 6 earned in 7 innings. After a couple of good starts, this game was a let down.

No JoD today. Suckage goes to Dickey (-.161 WPA) and Thole (-.127, plus a badly timed passed ball).

I am so tired of watching bad baseball.

The GameThread had 469 comments from 37 of us. MjwW lead the way with 55 comments, great work in a losing cause.

# Commenter # Comments
1 MjwW 55
2 Alan F. 43
3 shortofbrillant 43