New York Yankees sign Masahiro Tanaka to a seven-year, $155 million contract

New, comments
Koji Watanabe

According to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports, the Blue Jays' American League East rivals New York Yankees have signed Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka to a seven-year, $155 million contract, which includes a player opt-out clause after the fourth year. Of course, the total cost of the contract for the Yankees would be $175 million, since they will have to send $20 million to the Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles.

I don't think anyone can blame Alex Anthopoulos for not matching the outrageous cost for Tanaka.

More to come, or not, I guess.

FEELINGS UPDATE

10:11 am: Masahiro Tanaka isn't really going to be that good, right? He certainly won't. He'll make the Yankees look like absolute fools after he's out of baseball in two seasons.

11:00 am: I hate the Yankees. I hate the AL East. I hate the amount of money thrown at players. I hate baseball. I hate winter. I hate everything. Leave me alone. Go away.