There were many moves made overnight and early this morning. I thought I'd try to put them all in one spot so we can talk about them.
- Boston Red Sox traded Yoenis Cespedes (and Alex Wilson and another prospect) to the Tigers for Rick Porcello. Porcello could be a free agent after the season as can Cespedes. Porcello has been a pretty effective starter, despite low strikeout rates (5.5/9 innings career).
- Red Sox will be getting pitcher Wade Miley from the Diamondbacks for pitchers Rubby De La Rosa, Allen Webster and another prospect. The trade isn't official yet.
- Dodgers (traded everyone, but lets try to do it one at a time) sent Matt Kemp to the Padres for catcher Yasmani Grandal, pitcher Joe Wieland and pitcher Zach Eflin. Dodgers are also sending $25 million along with Kemp.
- Dodgers traded 2B Dee Gordon, pitcher Dan Haren infielder Miguel Rojas and a player to be named, to the Marlins for pitcher Andrew Heaney, 2B Enrique Hernandez, pitcher Chris hatcher and minor league catcher Austin Barnes.
- Dodgers flipped Heaney to Angels for Howie Kendrick.
- Dodgers signed Brandon McCarthy to a 4-year, $48 million contract. I don't think I'd give McCarthy 4 years, but $12 million seems not to be too much to pay.
- The Dodgers also have a trade for Jimmy Rollins that hasn't been made official yet.
I was hoping the Red Sox wouldn't find the starting pitching they needed, but they look like a much better team this morning. How would you rate the AL East teams at this point?