Clinton Hollon to have Tommy John surgery

New, comments
I'm starting to dislike you Mr John
I'm starting to dislike you Mr John
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

A sad Tweet:

It seems to be the year of Tommy John.

As you know, Clinton Hollon was our second round pick in the 2013 draft. He has a 3.12 ERA in 17.1 innings of work. split between Bluefield and the Gulf Coast League Blue Jays. He's allowed 8 hits, 6 walks, with 15 strikeouts. He is 19.

The good news is that many many pitchers have had Tommy John surgery and most recover well from it. Unfortunately, it will cost him a year of development time, but maybe better now than later.

Clinton was #27 on our prospects list. He also has a Twitter account (@clintonhollon) that's pretty entertaining, when he's not announcing surgery.

Good luck with the surgery Clinton, I'm sure it will go well and you'll be busy rehabbing in no time.