Blue Jays call up Marcus Stroman, Brandon Morrow to 60-day DL

New, comments
Stroman
Stroman
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

After the game the Blue Jays announced that Marcus Stroman is being called up, to pitch out of the bullpen, at least for now. I'd rather they have him start, but the bullpen needs help (the understatement of the year).

And Brandon Morrow has a torn tendon sheath in his right index finger, he's going on the 60-day DL. I feel so sorry for the guy. If Morrow needs surgery, he's likely done for the year, if not, he could be back in July, but I doubt it somehow.

Stroman has a 1.69 ERA in 5 starts for the Bisons, he has 7 walks and 36 strikeouts in 26.2 innings. I'm glad he's coming up.

No word on who is leaving the active roster to make room for Marcus, but I wouldn't be surprised if his name rhymed with Chad Jenkins. If it is Chad, I'm going to start feeling sorry for him too.