Blue Jays Injury Updates

New, comments
I hope he shaved while on the DL
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

There were a bunch of injury updates today, let's list them:

  • Neil Wagner has been put on the DL with a right forearm strain, with the Buffalo Bisons, which explains why he hasn't been brought back up to Toronto yet. Ryan Rowland-Smith was promoted from the Fisher Cats to fill his spot.
  • Dioner Navarro says his quad is feeling much better, he could pinch hit today and tomorrow and should be able to start Wednesday. He says he was just being careful yesterday when he limped to first base.
  • Casey Janssen starts his rehab and starts the game in New Hampshire tonight. I'd imagine he'll have to pitch 4 or 5 times before they call him up. They'll want him throwing back to back days.
  • Adam Lind played an extended spring game yesterday and will play for Dunedin today. Might be back for Wednesday's game in Toronto. And I'd imagine the Jays will try to figure out how to keep Juan Francisco up.

Other than that, we have Maicer Izturis and Brandon Morrow neither of whom are likely to be back until near the end of the season at very best. But comparing it all with last year, we are very healthy.