GameThread for Game 97: Rangers @ Blue Jays

New, 574 comments
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

Here we start the post-All Star break section of the season.

I really had hopes that we'd have made some sort of move during the break. No Brad Mills doesn't count. The bad news is that we start the second half facing Yu Darvish. Darvish is 8-5, with a 2.97 ERA in 17 starts. He has 142 strikeouts, in 115.1 innings. He's pretty good.

R.A. Dickey gets the start for the good guys. He starts consecutive games for the Jays. He has been great lately, 1.71 ERA in his last 3 starts. Part of it is that Gibby has, finally, started pulling him before he tires and gives up 7 runs in an inning. I hope he keeps that up.

Today's Lineups

TEXAS RANGERS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Shin-Soo Choo - DH Jose Reyes - SS
Elvis Andrus - SS Melky Cabrera - LF