Around The Nest: Blue Jays Minor League Podcast - Week 16

New, 6 comments

It's Friday again and Friday means it is time to submit questions for this week's Around the Nest podcast. Our host. broadcaster for the Lansing Lugnuts, Jesse Goldberg-Strassler, talks to the broadcasters from all the minor league teams in the Blue Jays system. These guys see every game, so we get a great insight to the players in our system.

Their question of the day is: What is the quickest you've seen a player go from non-prospect to prospect? To put another way, what is the most unexpected occurrence in which a non-impact player became an impact player?

This week,  my question would be, we can read the offensive stats on the players in the minors, who is the best defensive player on each team?

We'll have the link to this afternoon's show a little later, but, in case you missed it, here is last week's show, where Jesse talked to Chris King of Baseball Prospectus, to catch up on the Gulf Coast League, before talking to the regulars.

Here is the link to today's show (starts at 5:00 Eastern)

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/around-the-nest/2014/07/18/week-16-2014-i-was-like-emilioooooo-guerrero

Show summary:

Week 16, 2014: I was, like, Emilioooooo Guerrero

The MLB All-Star Game is behind us, as are the Triple-A and Double-A Midsummer Classics... so how did the Blue Jays' representatives fare? Plus, Aaron Sanchez moves to the bullpen in Buffalo, Kendall Graveman keeps on rolling in Dunedin, Dawel Lugo's bat catches fire in Lansing, Max Pentecost moves up to Vancouver, and Jesus Tinoco and Ryan Borucki's gems spotlight the latest efforts from the streaking Blue Jays in Bluefield. Join the radio voices of the Toronto Blue Jays' organization as we head Around the Nest!

Q of the Week: What is the quickest you've seen a player go from non-prospect to prospect?

Bluebird Banter Q of the Week: Who is the best defensive player on each team?