J.P. Arencibia hits a 3-run homer, Rangers beat Jays

New, 45 comments
The highlight of the game.
The highlight of the game.
Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Rangers 5 Jays 1

That was just awful.

R.A. Dickey was great, through 6 innings, and really should have been pulled there. Then, in the 7th, he gave up 2 singles and an J.P. Arencibia home run. J.P. Arencibia. Frig. He also gave up a home run to Adrian Beltre in the 5th.

The Jays couldn't hit Yu Darvish. No real surprises there. Yu went 6.2, allowed 5 hits, 3 walks, 1 earned run and struck out 12.

Things didn't get better when the Rangers bullpen took over. Neal Cotts went 1.1, allowing 1 hit and getting 3 strikeouts. Joakim Soria pitched the 9th, allowed a hit and struck out 2. In total, we struck out 17 times. Jose Bautista, Dan Johnson and Juan Francisco each struck out 3 times.

The only offense came from Colby Rasmus, who had 2 hits including a home run in the 7th (our first home runs since......May?), too little, too late, and Munenori Kawasaki who also had 2 hits, including a double. We really could use a hot streak from Colby.

Until Bautista comes out of his slump, I really think we are just out of luck.

The one good moment of the game was a double play turned by Kawasaki in the 3rd inning, a bouncing ball, slightly to the third base side of second, Muni stood on the bag, stretched to get the ball and then made a great throw to first to get Geovany Soto.

No Jays of the Day. Suckage goes to Reyes (-.171, for an 0 for 5) and Bautista (-.130, 0 for 4, 3 k). R.A. had a -.094, so he gets one too, though I thought he should have come out of the game after the 6th. Gibby had been so good at pulling him early in Dickey's last few starts.

There likely isn't a trade coming, though, unless some guys start hitting, a trade won't help.

We had 574 comments, in a pretty depressing GameThread. Spor led the way.

# Commenter # Comments
2 Tom Dakers 104
3 TouchEmAllJoeC 46
4 Pikachu 44