GameThread for Game 98: Rangers @ Jays

New, 946 comments
Is it my imagination, or has Kawasaki been far less fun this year? I mean, much better as a player, but far less fun.
Is it my imagination, or has Kawasaki been far less fun this year? I mean, much better as a player, but far less fun.
Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Game two against the Rangers.

It there was ever a change for the Jays offense to break out, this is it. Colby Lewis has a 6.54 ERA in 16 starts. He's thrown 84 innings, allowed 127 hits, 11 homers, 26 walks with 73 strikeouts. Just the type of pitcher we should beat up.

Marcus Stroman has been great as a starting pitcher, 2.87 ERA in 8 starts. 47 innings, 41 hits, 4 home runs, 12 walks and 43 strikeouts. His troubles out of the bullpen brings up his season ERA to 4.05.

Bautista DHes today. I think, if I was making up the line, I'd be doing that until Lind and Edwin come back. Might as well have Anthony's glove in the outfield. Or split the DH at bats between Bautista and Cabrera.

Just when you are feeling down, Barry Davis comes along with a tweet designed to lift your spirits:

Today's Lineups

TEXAS RANGERS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Shin-Soo Choo - DH Jose Reyes - SS
Elvis Andrus - SS Munenori Kawasaki - 2B
Alex Rios - RF Melky Cabrera - LF
Adrian Beltre - 3B Jose Bautista - DH
Jake Smolinski - LF Dioner Navarro - C
Leonys Martin - CF Colby Rasmus - CF