clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Game #98 Preview: Blue Jays vs. Rangers

Rob Carr

The second game post-All-Star Break gets underway from the Rogers Centre this afternoon at 1:07pm as Marcus Stroman takes on Colby Lewis. The California-born righty has been really, really bad this year and he currently sits at an ERA of 6.54 and a BABIP of .410. His last start was downright dreadful, where he allowed 13 runs in just 2.1 innings against Oakland!

Lewis basically just throws a fastball and slider with some changeups and curveballs as well. The righty normally only hits high-80's on the radar gun and really hasn't fooled anyone this season. His changeup has some crazy arm-side sink, but he doesn't really use it all that much perferring instead to just stick his fastball and slider against hitters on both sides of the plate:

Brooksbaseball-chart__15__medium

Hopeful Lineup

  1. Jose Reyes SS
  2. Melky Cabrera LF
  3. Jose Bautista RF
  4. Dan Johnson 1B
  5. Erik Kratz C
  6. Dioner Navarro DH
  7. Colby Rasmus CF
  8. Juan Francisco 3B
  9. Steve Tolleson 2B

Find The Link

Find the link between Colby Lewis and the 1978 NL MVP.

Gut Feelings

  1. Colby Lewis isn't going to enjoy this afternoon.
I plan on beginning to post a reliever usage chart next week, but I'm out of town this weekend and won't be able to update the chart for today's game.