clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread for Game 99: Rangers @ Jays

The rubber match of the series with the Rangers.

Colby Lewis was whining about some self made up unwritten rules last night. No bunting for base hits if you are ahead by 2, but if you do bunt for a base hit, you have to steal second. Lewis has had a terrible season, so he has reason to be frustrated, but one of his teammates or coaches should take him aside and say 'grow up'.

Rangers starter Nick Tepesch is 3-5 with a 4.31 ERA in 10 starts. I have no idea on his position on bunting for a base hit.

Mark Buehrle is 10-6 with a 2.64 ERA in 19 starts. He knows how to field a bunt.

Today's Lineups

TEXAS RANGERS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Dan Robertson - RF Jose Reyes - SS
Elvis Andrus - SS Munenori Kawasaki - 2B
Adrian Beltre - DH Melky Cabrera - LF
Chris Gimenez - 1B Jose Bautista - DH
Jake Smolinski - LF Dioner Navarro - C
Geovany Soto - C Colby Rasmus - CF