GameThread for Game 101: Red Sox @ Blue Jays

New, 1175 comments
Tom Szczerbowski

So that was an interesting day. If you can't beat them on the field, dazzle them with your roster moves.

Game two of the series with the Red Sox,. It can't be as bad as yesterday's game. Right? Please?

Jake Peavy starts for the Sox. He is 1-8 with a 4.59 ERA. In 19 starts, he's thrown 117.2 innings, allowed 123 hits, 18 home runs, 43 walks with 93 strikeouts.

J.A. Happ is 7-5 with a 4.91 ERA. He's pitched in 17 games, starting 13. He's thrown 77 innings, allowed 86 hits, 9 home runs, 33 walks and struck out 64.

Goins is in at second. Kawasaki goes to third. Francisco to first. Rasmus DHes. Oh how I miss May.

Today's Lineups

BOSTON RED SOX TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Brock Holt - CF Jose Reyes - SS
Dustin Pedroia - 2B Melky Cabrera - LF
David Ortiz - DH Jose Bautista - RF
Mike Napoli - 1B Dioner Navarro - C
Jonny Gomes - LF Colby Rasmus - DH
Shane Victorino - RF Juan Francisco - 1B
Stephen Drew - SS Munenori Kawasaki - 3B
Xander Bogaerts - 3B Ryan Goins - 2B
David Ross - C Anthony Gose - CF
Jake Peavy - RHP J.A. Happ - LHP