GameThread for Game 103: Red Sox @ Blue Jays

New, 1195 comments
Tom Szczerbowski

The final game of our four game series with the Godless Red Sox.

I'd like to win this one, especially just before going into Yankee Stadium. I hate games there, you have to beat the Yankees and the umpires.

Rubby De La Rosa has been very good in his 7 starts this season. He is 3-2 with a 2.64 ERA. In 44.1 innings, he's allowed 36 hits, 5 home runs, 12 walks with 35 strikeouts.

And you know how good Marcus Stroman has been.

Colby Rasmus is sitting today. I would imagine he might be less than happy. I'm curious about Gibby's pecking order at first base. I would have thought Johnson was the better defensive player between him and Francisco, but Gibby thinks otherwise, and he has more information than I do. I also thought Bautista looked pretty good at first base. He didn't get to Kawasaki's bad throw but that happens, the double play he started was great.

Today's Lineups

BOSTON RED SOX TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Brock Holt - 2B Jose Reyes - SS
Shane Victorino - RF Melky Cabrera - LF
David Ortiz - DH Jose Bautista - RF
Mike Napoli - 1B Dioner Navarro - C
Daniel Nava - LF Dan Johnson - DH
Stephen Drew - SS Munenori Kawasaki - 3B
Xander Bogaerts - 3B Juan Francisco - 1B
Jackie Bradley - CF Ryan Goins - 2B
Christian Vazquez - C Anthony Gose - CF
Rubby De La Rosa - RHP Marcus Stroman - RHP