clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Blue Jays trade rumors: Rays 'open to' trading David Price within the division

He'd look much better with a Blue Jay on his cap.
He'd look much better with a Blue Jay on his cap.
Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

MLB Trade Rumors and Jon Morosi are talking about the Rays willingness to trade David Price to a division rival, like the Jays.

Morosi suggests that:

The Rays are willing to deal Price within the American League East, and the Blue Jays could make a credible offer by putting forward two of their top three prospects: Aaron Sanchez, Daniel Norris and Dalton Pompey. Toronto can't rely on Mark Buehrle to reprise his stellar first half - the Jays are 1-5 in his last six starts - and the team needs a morale boost after falling out of first place.

If two of three is the price for Price, I'd go for it. I'm thinking that it is more likely all three, especially to a division rival that would have control of Price next season.

Not that it matters if we can't hit. We've wasted so many good starts, in the past couple of weeks, that I'm wondering if a starting pitcher is the biggest concern of the moment. Right now, to me, the biggest concern is to get everyone healthy. We have so many guys limping around the base paths. If we can hang on, for the next few days, maybe the All-Star break would be what's needed to get everyone able to run again.

But I would really like David Price. He'd make the rotation look so much better. Trouble is, I don't think the Rays would do it until they are sure they are out of the race, and the Jays could use something to appease the fans now. .