The rubber match of the series. In the first two games the teams traded blown saves.
It is a tough one, Price is a good pitcher and he's even better vs. the Jays. He's 15-2 with a 2.31 ERA in 19 starts against the Jays. Buehrle, on the other hand, has been terrible lately, he has a 7.32 ERA in his last 4 starts. As good as he was at the start of the season, he's been lousy since. But then Mark's been pretty good against the Tigers, he's 18-10 with a 3.49 ERA in 34 starts, for all that matters
Some little bits of news to tie us over until game time:
- The Tigers lost two pitchers in yesterday's game, Anibal Sanchez will be out with a pectoral strain and Joakim Soria is out with an oblique injury.
- And, ummmm, if you want to have your ashes spread on a baseball field, pick one that has real grass.
- Omar Visquel didn't really enjoy his time with the Jays.
- And you can, very soon, order playoff tickets, if you are a season ticket holder.(ht @bluejaysbatboy)
- Edwin Encarnacion went 1 for 3 and reached on an error, as DH, for the Dunedin Blue Jays yesterday. I'm starting to think that he and Lind will come up to the Jays together.
- Jairo Labourt had a great start for Vancouver, 5.2 innings, 3 hits, 1 walk with 8 strikeouts.
|DETROIT TIGERS||TORONTO BLUE JAYS|
|Rajai Davis - CF||Jose Reyes - SS|
|Ian Kinsler - 2B||Melky Cabrera - LF|
|Miguel Cabrera - 1B||Jose Bautista - RF|
|Victor Martinez - DH||Danny Valencia - 1B|
|Torii Hunter - RF||Dioner Navarro - C|
|J.D. Martinez - LF||Nolan Reimold - DH|
|Nick Castellanos - 3B||Steve Tolleson - 3B|
|Alex Avila - C||Colby Rasmus - CF|
|Andrew Romine - SS||Ryan Goins - 2B|
|David Price - LHP||Mark Buehrle - LHP|
Remember we have rules around here. Some reminders, don't talk about illegal streams,don't argue the rules, don't piss off the mods and don't be terrible. Also no Gifs or pictures until the game ends.