I started on this, then took a few days away and it's taken a bit to get back to it. We looked at the guys who were 11-20 back here, 6-10 here and 1-5 here.
Most of these guys will be higher on next year's list.
21. Dalton Pompey: Yep, he should have been higher. in fairness to us, he hit just .261/.358/.394 at Lansing, in 2013, OBA was most of his offensive value and it was fair to question if he would continue to get on base as he moved up the ladder.
He's been terrific this year, finding some power that he hasn't shown before. He hit .319/.397.471 in 70 games at Dunedin, with 29 steals (2 caught stealing), 6 homers, 5 triples, 29 walks and 35 strikeouts. Since moving to New Hampshire, he has hit .294/.379/.461 in 28 games. He has 2 home runs, 3 triples, 7 steals (caught 5 times, 13 walks and 17 strikeouts. Think we see him in Toronto sometime next year?
22. Santiago Nessy: Started the season at Lansing, hit .243/.333/.351 with 1 home run, 18 walks and 35 strikeouts in 44 games. Moved up to Dunedin, he's hit .211/.280/.300 in 25 games. One of the ones that will be moving down, maybe off the list next year.
23. Ryan Goins: you know the story. Started the season with the Jays, hit .150/.203/.217, with 1 home run, 4 walks and 13 strikeouts. And gets sent down to Buffalo. In 79 games with the Bisons, he hit .285/.331/.344 in 79 games, no home runs. He got better as his time in went on, in 19 games in July, as a Bison, Ryan hit .319/.372/.389. Back with the Jays, he's hitting .273/.273/.364 in 12 games. If he would show some sign he could take a walk, I'd be a little more impressed. No power and no walks, doesn't make a .273 average seems great. I'm still not sure he is a prospect. He is really fun to watch play defense.
24. Matt Boyd: Boyd started the season at New Hampshire, and things didn't well. He went 1-4 with a 6.96, in 10 starts. In 42.2 innings he allowed 55 hits, 5 home runs, 13 walks and 44 strikeouts. That got him moved back to Dunedin, where things have gone better, he's 5-2, with a 1.05 ERA. In 12 starts, he's thrown 68.2 innings, allowed 47 hits, 3 home runs, 17 walks with 80 strikeouts. I'd like it if they moved him up again.
25. Adonys Cardona: Adonys pitched in 5 games, 3 starts. He went 0-3 with a 8.44 ERA. In 10.2 innings, he gave up 13 hits, 8 walks with 11 strikeouts for Lansing and broke his elbow. He's had surgery, had a screw put in, but he won't pitch again this season. You can cause problems when you throw too hard, too young.
26. Matt Dean: Matt is having a very nice season in Lansing. In 89 games, he's hitting .293/.339/.450 with 8 home runs, 5 triples, 22 doubles, 25 walks and 88 strikeouts. He's played mostly first base, with 11 games at third base. Another one that could move up a level anytime.
27. Clinton Hollon: Our second round pick, from 2013 had Tommy John Surgery back in May, so he won't be pitching until next season.
28. Richard Urena: Richard is having a great season at Bluefield. He's hitting .327/.371/.469, with 2 home runs, 12 walks and 38 strikeouts. He's been even better lately, in July he hit .324/.374/.467 in 25 games. You gotta like young shortstops that can hit. He's just 18, so a long ways off yet.
29. Rowdy Tellez: Another one having a good season at Bluefield. In 41 games, he's hitting .280/.341/.380 with 2 home runs, 13 walks and 22 strikeouts. His last 10 games have been great, hitting .442. He's 19.
30. Miguel Castro: Miguel is having a great time in Vancouver. He has a 2.15 ERA, in 10 starts. In 50.1 innings, he's allowed 36 hits, 2 home runs, 20 walks with 53 strikeouts. Another 19 year old. He's only had 1 bad start in his 10 (3 hits, 4 walks, 6 earned in 3.1 innings), he hasn't allowed more than 2 runs in any of his other starts.