GameThread for Game 147: Rays at Jays

New, comments
Happ fielding a ball yesterday.
John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports

Game 2 of the series with the Rays.

As much as it was great to see Happ pitch such a good game yesterday, we can't afford to lose any where we get pitching like that.

Hellickson is 1-3 with a 3.71 ERA in 10 starts. Dickey is 12-12 with a 3.84 ERA. He's on a 3 game winning streak and has allowed just 1 earned in each of his last three starts.

Kevin Pillar is now up to 88 plate appearances without a base on balls. Robert Perez has the team record for most plate appearances in a season without getting a walk, at 78. He had 11 walks in total in his career, in 516 PA. Kevin has 16 games left to show he can take control of the strike zone.

Today's Lineups

TAMPA BAY RAYS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Ben Zobrist - 2B Jose Reyes - SS
David DeJesus - DH Jose Bautista - RF
Evan Longoria - 3B Adam Lind - 1B
James Loney - 1B Edwin Encarnacion - DH
Wil Myers - RF Danny Valencia - 3B
Matt Joyce - LF Josh Thole - C
Yunel Escobar - SS Kevin Pillar - LF
Kevin Kiermaier - CF Ryan Goins - 2B
Jose Molina - C Anthony Gose - CF
Jeremy Hellickson - RHP R.A. Dickey - RHP