GameThread for Game 149: Jays @ Orioles

New, comments

Go Jays Go

Peter Llewellyn-USA TODAY Sports

We start a series with the O's today.

Here is the lineup and yes, I don't understand why Bautista should be in CF when Kevin Pillar and John Mayberry are playing the corners. It seems stupid to me. 90% of the time I think complaining about lineup composition is a waste of time, that it doesn't make as much difference as we'd like to think and that managers are closer to the players than we are, so they know about little injuries or something. But this time....we have three outfields, one that we know can play CF, one that has played 149 MLB games in CF and Bautista, a great baseball player but not a CFer.

All I can say is Marcus, keep the ball on the ground.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BALTIMORE ORIOLES
Jose Reyes - SS Nick Markakis - RF
Jose Bautista - CF Alejandro De Aza - LF
Edwin Encarnacion - DH Adam Jones - CF
Danny Valencia - 1B Nelson Cruz - DH
Dioner Navarro - C Steve Pearce - 1B
John Mayberry - RF J.J. Hardy - SS