GameThread for Game 150: Jays @ Orioles.

New, comments

Go Jays Go.

Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

Game 2 of the series with the Orioles. Let's win this one ok.

Hopefully there won't be any carryover from yesterday's fun. Apparently Marcus won't be suspended. He and Gibby are saying all the right things. I'm sure Gibby and several team members talked to him. I hope it ends there.

A couple of other little bits of Jays news:

  • Todd Redmond is the Blue Jays nominee for the Roberto Clemente Award for, well, general good guyness. Being a good citizen.
  • PETA sent me an email saying they weren't happy with the Blue Jays bringing a Lion and Tiger cub into the clubhouse and that they sent a letter to the Jays about it. Honestly, I think they have a point on this. They say that:

Lion and tiger cubs used for photo ops are torn away from their mothers shortly after birth and dragged from venue to venue, deprived of everything that is natural and important to them.

"There's nothing sporting about subjecting a terrified baby animal to excessive handling in a noisy, unfamiliar locker room," says PETA Foundation Deputy General Counsel Delcianna Winders. "PETA is calling on the Blue Jays to keep everyone safe by sticking to animal-free photo ops and pregame activities."

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS BALTIMORE ORIOLES
Jose Reyes - SS Nick Markakis - RF
Jose Bautista - RF Alejandro De Aza - LF
Edwin Encarnacion - DH Adam Jones - CF
Adam Lind - 1B Nelson Cruz - DH
Dioner Navarro - C Steve Pearce - 1B
Danny Valencia - 3B J.J. Hardy - SS
Munenori Kawasaki - 2B Jimmy Paredes - 3B
Kevin Pillar - LF Ryan Flaherty - 2B
Anthony Gose - CF Nick Hundley - C
Drew Hutchison - RHP Ubaldo Jimenez - RHP