GameThread for Game 155: Jays @ Yankees

New, comments

Go Jays Go

Jim McIsaac

It you thought Buck and Pat were insufferable in their Derek Jeter adulation before....today will be off the charts. Thankfully he won't be on the field. I think it is a good time for the Derek Jeter drinking game.

Speaking of not on the field, Adam Lind's back is acting up again. He's 'day-to-day' but I'm guessing that he is done for the year. Between that and Edwin Encarnacion's troubles, We are going to see some different names at first base. Today Dan Johnson gets just his second game action of the month and his first start for us since July 30. Dalton Pompey gets his 3rd straight start.

After watching Navarro yesterday, I'd have rested him, but our offense hasn't exactly been amazing lately, so sitting one of the few guys that is hitting is tough.

Speaking of 'hasn't played in a while' Masahiro Tanaka makes his first start since July 8 and we are the lucky ones that get to face him.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS NEW YORK YANKEES
Jose Reyes - SS Brett Gardner - CF
Jose Bautista - RF Derek Jeter - DH
Edwin Encarnacion - DH Brian McCann - C
Dioner Navarro - C Chris Young - LF
Dan Johnson - 1B Chase Headley - 3B
Munenori Kawasaki - 3B Francisco Cervelli - 1B
Dalton Pompey - LF Stephen Drew - 2B
Ryan Goins - 2B Ichiro Suzuki - RF
Anthony Gose - CF Brendan Ryan - SS
Drew Hutchison - RHP Masahiro Tanaka - RHP