Jays lose in their last game against the New York Jeters

New, comments
Noah K. Murray-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 2 Yankees 5

Not a fun game.

The Yankees had 3 cheapie, Yankee Stadium type home runs, 2 for Brian McCann, one for Brett Gardner and that pretty much won the game for them.

Again, only the top of the order could hit. We had 7 hits, 3 for Jose Reys, 1 for Jose Bautista and 2 for Edwin Encarnacion. The rest of the lineup was 1 for 21 (an Munenori Kawasaki double) plus a Dalton Pompey walk, with 8 strikeouts. Jose Reyes scored both our runs, both driven in by Edwin, one on a double play ball.

Our bats had trouble with Masahiro Tanaka, in his first game back from the DL. He went 5.1, allowing 5 hits, 1 earned with 4 strikeouts, but then we didn't hit their relievers any better.

Drew Hutchison was ok, but threw too many pitches. He only went 4+ innings, allowing 5 hits, 3 walks, 2 earned with 6 strikeouts. The runs came off the short porch home runs. Todd Redmond and Daniel Norris had troubles in the 7th, combining to allow 3 runs. Aaron Loup and Dustin McGowan each pitched a clean inning.

The final Jeter count was 86....so Buck and Pat came up short of 100. Great self control guys. He'll be missed, not by me, but others will miss him I'm sure.

Jay of the Day was Jose Reyes (.097 WPA for going 3 for 4, with a couple of stolen bases.

Suckage goes to Dioner Navarro (-.119, for an 0 for 4, with 2 k, plus a passed ball and wild pitch) and Dan Johnson (-097, 0 for 3 with 1 k) though that's hardly fair as he's been sitting all month.

We had 563 comments in the GameThread. I led the way, on the strength of the Jeter count.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Tom Dakers 127
2 MjwW 73
3 Belisarius 51