GameThread for Game 138: Jays @ Rays

New, comments

Go Jays Go!

Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays have game two of the series in St. Pete. It was very nice to start the series with a win. Let's win again tonight.

A couple of call-ups get into the game tonight, Ryan Goins plays second, which I like, and Anthony Gose plays center. I get the feeling we won't be seeing a ton of Colby Rasmus this last month. It is ok by me, Pillar, Gose and Pompey all look to be much better defensively.

Hmmmm just after I typed that I read this:

Chris Archer is having a good season, 8-7 with a 3.40 ERA in 27 starts. This is his 5th start against the Jays this year. He is 1-0, with a 3.75 ERA in his first 4 starts. in 24 innings he's allowed 22 hits, 8 walks with 27 strikeouts. We haven't hit a home run against him yet.

Stroman is coming off a great start against the Red Sox, going 7.2 with just 1 earned run against.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS TAMPA BAY RAYS
Jose Reyes - SS Ben Zobrist - 2B
Melky Cabrera - LF Wil Myers - RF
Jose Bautista - RF Matt Joyce - LF
Edwin Encarnacion - DH Evan Longoria - 3B
Adam Lind - 1B James Loney - 1B
Dioner Navarro - C Yunel Escobar - SS
Danny Valencia - 3B David DeJesus - DH
Ryan Goins - 2B Jose Molina - C