Jays lose in the rain

New, 93 comments
Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 4 Orioles 6

Well that was a waste of a day.

Not much interesting about that game, but some quick notes:

  • Drew Hutchison started the game, in the pouring rain and gave up 4 hits, 3 runs, 1 walk and 1 hit batter. I can't blame him for any of it. The only person who didn't think the game should have been called was Joe West. Baseball should never be played in those conditions. It was just stupid. When the inning finished, they called it and there was a 3 hour and 20 minute rain delay.
  • We used 6 relievers. Jeff Francis, Bo Schultz and Chad Jenkins each gave up a run. Aaron Sanchez pitched a good inning.
  • On offense, our team of scrubs managed 4 runs. Dalton Pompey was 3 for 4 with a double and a walk. Unfortunately, he hit into a double play in the 9th.
  • Chris Colabello was 2 for 4 with a double. Munenori Kawasaki, Josh Thole, Ezequiel Carrera and Jonathan Diaz.
  • 0 fors go to Clair Pennington and Ryan Goins (sharing an 0 for 4), Matt Hague and Darwin Barney.
No JoD, though I think those of us that watched more than a couple of innings of that deserve some sort of award.

Suckage goes Hutch (-.258, really not fair) and Barney (-.091).

Amazingly we had 992 comments. rob.magnificent led the way. Good job.

# Commenter # Comments
2 Tom Dakers 99
3 DangYouToHeck 71
4 erik.t 64