Waiting is the hardest part

New, 53 comments
Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

I really don't have anything much to say about the game, other than I hope we win. Just over 5 hours to go until game time and it will be the longest five hours ever.

Random thoughts:

  • Marcus Stroman has been pretty amazing since his return from injury. It might be a lot to ask, but one more amazing start would be great Marcus. He did impress me with how calm he seemed during the press conference yesterday.
  • I haven't seen any word on whether Aaron Loup is back with the team or not. I hope so. I'm sure David Price has volunteered to pitch in relief if needed.
  • I'm tired of hearing people complain about the roof being closed. The Jays record with the roof closed is mostly caused by the fact the roof was closed in April when the team wasn't playing great baseball. They can win with it open or closed. Jays SVP Business Stephen Brooks says that at cooler temperatures they run the risk of not being able to close the roof.
  • Roy Halladay is ready for the game too, but apparently it is George Bell who will be throwing out the first pitch.

  • The nice people from TicIQ tell me that ticket prices for Game 5 are down 20% over the past 24 hours. Cheapest is $142, with Field Level from $186. If I was in Toronto I'd be very willing to pay that. I'm very jealous of all of you that get to go to the game today.
And Minor Leaguer has another tee shirt to tempt you with. Go here to buy it. https://breakingt.refersion.com/l/514.45781

shirt