Poll Time: Who was the Blue Jays ALDS MVP?

New, 150 comments
I love this picture of Marco Estrada and son.
I love this picture of Marco Estrada and son.
Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Since MLB doesn't pick an MVP for the Divisional Series, I figured we should have a little poll to pick our own Blue Jays ALDS MVP, so let's have a poll.

The candidates:

Josh Donaldson: Josh hit .222/.333/.611, with 2 home runs, 4 RBI, 3 walks, 4 strikeouts. And he made some nice plays at third. And he had the game tying RBI yesterday on the softest hit of his career.

Kevin Pillar: Kevin hit .333/.333/571 with 1 home run, 4 RBI, 1 caught stealing, no walks, 5 strikeouts. And the most amazing catch in Game 5, to go along with a few other very good catches this series (buy the shirt).

Jose Bautista: Jose hit .273/.304/.636 with 2 doubles, 2 home runs, 5 RBI, 1 walk and 2 strikeouts. And the series winning home run. He did have the dropped ball in game two, but he had a couple of nice catches as well. He also had the best bat flip you will ever see (buy the shirt).

Edwin Encarnacion: Edwin hit .333/.478/.556 with 1 double, 1 home run (the one that was kind of lost to memory after Jose's), 3 RBI, 5 walks (3 intentional) (he only had 5 intentional walks in the entire regular season) and 1 strikeouts. He also seemed extremely unlucky thru most of the series.

Chris Colabello: Chris hit .375/.412/.688 with 2 doubles, 1 home run, 2 RBI, 1 walk and 5 strikeouts. He also had that great unassisted double play.  He played in 4 of 5 games.

Marcus Stroman: Started 2 game, both good starts. Didn't get the W in either, but pitched well. 3.46 ERA, 13 innings, 11 hits, 1 home run, 3 walks and 9 strikeouts.

Marco Estrada: 1 start, 1 win. 1.42 ERA. 6.1 innings, 5 hits, 0 walks and 4 strikeouts.

Roberto Osuna: Pitched in 4 games. Just had the 1 save. 5.2 innings. 0 hits, 0 walks and 6 strikeouts. 0 ERA.

Aaron Sanchez: Pitched in 5 games. 1 win. 5.1 innings. 3 hits, 1 walk and 6 strikeouts. 0 ERA.

I was going to add Troy Tulowitzki, but other than the big home run, he only had 1 other hit. Ryan Goins was great with the glove but had no hits.