Blue Jays drop game 2 of the ALCS

New, 204 comments
John Rieger-USA TODAY Sports

Blue Jays 3 Royals 6

Well, the good news is that we lost the first 2 games of the last series..

David Price looked terrific through 6 innings. He had allowed just 1 hit, a lead off single in the first.

Then came the 7th. It started with a soft fly to right. Ryan Goins was pretty much under it and then, he must have thought that Jose Bautista called him off, he ducked down from it. Jose wasn't close, I'm pretty sure that he didn't call for it. Watching a replay....Jose definitely didn't call for it.

That was followed by 3 more singles and a double, before Price was pulled with two outs. Nothing was hit overly hard, but nothing was close to a glove either. Zaun figured the Royals were relaying signs, when they got a runner on second, that they knew what Price was going to throw.  When Price started the inning, we were up 3-0, when he left we were down 4-3. After he left, a soft ground ball single, against Aaron Sanchez made it a 5-run inning.

In the 8th, the Royals got another run,. Aaron Sanchez gave up a 1-out walk and Aaron Loup came in to give up a couple of walks and a single.

On offense, we should have scored more. We had 10 hits and 3 walks, but only got 3 runs.

We scored 1 in the 3rd, on back-to-back doubles from Kevin Pillar and Ryan Goins. And 2 more in the 6th. Josh Donaldson singled and Bautista walked to and RBI single from Edwin Encarnacion and RBI double from Troy Tulowitzki.

We had many chances to score. In the 9th we had a shot to tie it. Kevin Pillar singled, pinch hitter Cliff Pennington walked, bringing the tying run to the plate. But Ben Revere and Josh Donaldson each struck out and Jose Bautista flied out to, a fairly deep, right field.

Encarnacion, Colabello, Tulowitzki and Kevin Pillar all went 2 for 4. Donaldson and Goins had a hit each. Revere had an 0 for 5 with 2 strikeouts. Bautista went 0 for 4 with a walk and Martin went 0 for 3 with a walk.

No Jays of the Day. Edwin, Tulo and Colabello deserve an honorable mention.

Suckage? Not really fair but Price had a -.349. So he gets one. Revere (-.143) and Martin (-.151) also earn the honor. I'd give one to Goins too, but I don't know what he thought he heard.

We are going to have to get them on Monday.

We had 2,094 comments in the threads. Eric H led the way. Good job.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Eric H 137
5 radivel 84
6 Tom Dakers 81