More on yesterday's game

New, 124 comments
John Rieger-USA TODAY Sports

There is a lot of talk about Jose Bautista's post game interview. If you haven't seen it, I'll embed it here, though you will likely have to sit through a couple of long ads to get to it.

Jose, pretty clearly, isn't in the best of moods (can't blame him, they just lost) and he very clearly doesn't really want to talk about the play.

He says at start, I don't want to talk about that. Then, after another question, 'I think there is video, you can watch it". And, when asked about 'confusion', he said there was no confusion, which might have been true on his part. Clearly, Goins got a bit confused at the end.

People keep saying that Jose is 'throwing Goins under the bus', I don't see that as much as I see a guy who really doesn't want to be talking about this and would like to get away. I can't blame him for that, I'd imagine talking to the press, after a loss, would be the worst part about being a baseball player.

Watching the play, it's pretty obvious what happened. Goins waved Bautista off, then, at the last moment, thought he heard Bautista calling him off. It was very noisy. It would be easy to think you heard something.

I'm sure Jose was pissed off at himself for not going to get the ball. If the outfield can get it he should, but he allowed himself to be called off. Likely, if hadn't been so loud, he would have kept going and called Goins off, but I'm sure he was worried about a collusion. I'll bet, next time, he'll make sure he catches it.

That one play shouldn't have opened the flood gates, but it seems like that's the way things happen far too often.