The Blue Jays are in desperate need for a win today in their first ALCS home game since October 10, 1993 when they beat the White Sox 5-3 in game 5 to take a 3-2 series lead. Marcus Stroman has been assigned to pitch another big game, this time to help Blue Jays from having their backs put against the wall for tomorrow's game. Johnny Cueto goes for the Royals, so be sure to read the game preview by Scott C. as well as the pitcher profile by Jasper Bosman.
There is no surprise in the lineup from either team, with both going with their standard starting nine.
|KANSAS CITY ROYALS||TORONTO BLUE JAYS|
|Alcides Escobar - SS||Ben Revere - LF|
|Ben Zobrist - 2B||Josh Donaldson - 3B|
|Lorenzo Cain - CF||Jose Bautista - RF|
|Eric Hosmer - 1B||Edwin Encarnacion - DH|
|Kendrys Morales - DH||Chris Colabello - 1B|
|Mike Moustakas - 3B||Troy Tulowitzki - SS|
|Salvador Perez - C||Russell Martin - C|
|Alex Gordon - LF||Kevin Pillar - CF|
|Alex Rios - RF||Ryan Goins - 2B|
|Johnny Cueto - RHP||Marcus Stroman - RHP|
- Daniel Norris was diagnosed with a cancerous growth in his thyroid this season while still in the Blue Jays organization but decided, on the advice of a physician, to leave the removal for after the season. I wish him all the best.
- The Blue Jays have announced that they will not be selling beers in cans for the peasants in the 500-level because several doofuses threw them into the bowls and onto the field in the last home game. However, those in the lower decks, who also threw things onto the field, will still get to get their drinks in a can.
- After "throwing him under the bus" on Saturday, birthday boy Jose Bautista took Ryan Goins coat shopping.
- From Royals Review, Matt Jackson writes about being a Royals fan living in Toronto. Also from Royals Review, a profile on Marcus Stroman by Josh Duggan.
- The Jose Bautista Bat Flip t-shirt has been selling like hot cakes and the first ones have already been received by customers! So if you hadn't yet, why not get yourself one of these babies as an ALDS momento?