clock menu more-arrow no yes
Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

Update:

Brendan Kennedy tells us:

Jays' manager John Gibbons said ace lefty David Price could pitch out of the bullpen in Game 5. The Jays currently don't have any left-handed relievers, with Brett Cecil injured and Aaron Loup having returned home for a family matter. If Price does pitch out of the 'pen on Wednesday and the Jays win, Marcus Stroman would likely start in Game 6 on short rest with either Price or R.A. Dickey pitching Game 7. "It's not ideal," Gibbons said. "Hopefully you don't need (Price), but he could prove vital in a close game."

It makes sense. Win or go home.

Time for the comeback to start.

There isn't much for news other than Aaron Loup isn't expected back for today's game. I don't want to guess what he's going through, it's none of my business, but things work out as good as they possibly could.

Beyond that, I'd like to say I think the Royals were stealing signs yesterday, it seemed like every time Dickey threw a knuckleball that didn't knuckle, the Royals were ready for it.

We could use some hits, some runs and some good pitching today. It has been such a terrific season, I'm not ready for it to end.

Today's Lineups

KANSAS CITY ROYALS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Alcides Escobar - SS Ben Revere - LF
Ben Zobrist - 2B Josh Donaldson - 3B
Lorenzo Cain - CF Jose Bautista - RF
Eric Hosmer - 1B Edwin Encarnacion - DH
Kendrys Morales - DH Chris Colabello - 1B
Mike Moustakas - 3B Troy Tulowitzki - SS
Salvador Perez - C Dioner Navarro - C
Alex Gordon - LF Kevin Pillar - CF
Alex Rios - RF Ryan Goins - 2B
Edinson Volquez - RHP Marco Estrada - RHP