The Annual World Series Prediction Contest

New, 22 comments
Denny Medley-USA TODAY Sports

The World Series starts tonight. I wish my Jays were in it but I'm happy for some baseball game that I won't be living and dying on every pitch. I don't have a horse in the race, I don't really care who wins and who loses.

Both teams have had a few days off now, the Mets have had a couple more days but I don't think that should be a big advantage to the Royals.

I'm going to pick the Mets in 6 games, mostly on the strength of their starting rotation. Matt Harvey, Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard and Steven Matz (in games 1 to 4) are going to be tough to beat. Not that the Royals aren't bad, they have Edinson Volquez, Johnny Cueto, Yordano Ventura and Chris Young all lined up for the first 4 games.

Let's pick the winner, number of games, total runs and MVP.

I'm saying Mets, 6 games, 45 runs, And Jacob deGrom as MVP.

Give us your picks.