Mark Buehrle won't be on the Blue Jays ALDS roster

New, 26 comments
He's not doing the shaved on the sides, long on top thing, is he? If so I take back anything nice I've said about him.
He's not doing the shaved on the sides, long on top thing, is he? If so I take back anything nice I've said about him.
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

We knew it was coming and I'm sure he did too but Mark Buehrle has been told he won't be on the Blue Jays roster for the ALDS.  It isn't a surprise, but I'm still kind of sad for him. He's been so good for us, over these past three years, that I'd love there to be a spot for him. I guess there is no room for loyalty at playoff time.

He is all class:

And Jose Bautista gets it right:

Buehrle also talked about retirement:

He did say that, earlier in the month, when he was hurting, he was leaning towards retirement, but that he's feeling healthier and will think about it more. I hope he decide to keep playing. I would think he would get offers. He had a better than league average ERA, he threw 198.2 innings. He still hasn't been on the DL and he seems like a great teammate. If I was a GM with a young pitching staff, I'd want him.