clock menu more-arrow no yes
Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

There are a few little bits of playoff news:

Jon Morosi gives us a little bit of news on the Rangers plans:

I would have thought that both Lewis and Gallardo would start, but I guess it's only Gallardo. I can't wait to see how it all turns out.

CC Sabathia will miss the playoffs, he's checking himself into an alcohol rehab center. Here is his statement:

"Today I am checking myself into an alcohol rehabilitation center to receive the professional care and assistance needed to treat my disease.

"I love baseball and I love my teammates like brothers, and I am also fully aware that I am leaving at a time when we should all be coming together for one last push toward the World Series. It hurts me deeply to do this now, but I owe it to myself and to my family to get myself right. I want to take control of my disease, and I want to be a better man, father and player.

"I want to thank the New York Yankees organization for their encouragement and understanding. Their support gives me great strength and has allowed me to move forward with this decision with a clear mind.

"As difficult as this decision is to share publicly, I don't want to run and hide. But for now please respect my family's need for privacy as we work through this challenge together.

"Being an adult means being accountable. Being a baseball player means that others look up to you. I want my kids — and others who may have become fans of mine over the years — to know that I am not too big of a man to ask for help. I want to hold my head up high, have a full heart and be the type of person again that I can be proud of. And that's exactly what I am going to do.

"I am looking forward to being out on the field with my team next season playing the game that brings me so much happiness." #Yankees just put out a statement saying Sabathia is going into alcohol rehab and will not be available to the team in postseason

There are some rather idiotic things being said about him on Twitter, please, let's not repeat them here. I admire people who realize they have a problem and get help for it. I'm sure the Yankees aren't thrilled with the timing, but when you come to this decision, you have to act on it. It's good that he puts his family before all.

And, if you were interested in putting some money on the Jays (but if you were going to bet, you should have done it months ago, when the odds were much much better), here are the Vegas odds from Bovada.lv.

odds