clock menu more-arrow no yes
I kind of figured Santa would be a lefty.
I kind of figured Santa would be a lefty.
Rick Osentoski-USA TODAY Sports

It's a little late, we had a nice weekend out of town, with family. Back late on Christmas Eve and I haven't gotten around to my annual suggestions for Santa.

Mark Shapiro and Ross Atkins:  Patience. Not so much for them, but for Blue Jays fans, on their behalf. Yes, we all loved Alex, but he's gone. For all our sake's, I hope Santa give all us Blue Jays fans the economy sized package of patience.

Jose Bautista: More bat flips in the playoffs.

Josh Donaldson: A decent hair cut.

Devon Travis: Health.

Troy Tulowitzki: Same as above.

Dalton Pompey: A chance. A good long chance.

Michael Saunders: A spring training free of sprinkler heads.

Marcus Stroman: 200+ innings. I think he'll take care of the rest.

J.A. Happ, R.A. Dickey and Marco Estrada: A full season that's as good as each of their second halves were last year.

Russell Martin: Beyond the love of a nation, what more could he want? A few more base runners dumb enough to try to steal on him?

Mark Buehrle: A great retirement (if that is what he chooses).

John Gibbons: Another season of the best offense in baseball. Maybe a pitching staff that comes together a little quicker this year.

Roberto Osuna: Many, many save opportunities.

Aaron Sanchez: Either a starting job or a relief job, but one or the other.

Drew Hutchison: The season we all expected from him last year.

Steve Delabar, Chad Jenkins, Bo Schultz, Ryan Tepera and whoever else might find themselves in the bullpen:  Somehow, between them, to make up a decent back end of the bullpen.

Aaron Loup: More lefties to face.

Chris Colabello: Another season of missing gloves.

Edwin Encarnacion and Jose Bautista: An extension.

Kevin Pillar: More great catches (though that sounds more like a present for me) and a little more patience at the plate.

Tim Raines: Once again I ask for a plaque in the Hall of Fame for the very deserving Rock.

A.J. Jimenez and Max Pentecost: 500 healthy at bats each.

Alex Anthopoulos: A job that he enjoys, with maybe less stress than his last one.

To Scott C, Minor Leaguer, MjwW and everyone else on the masthead: As always, interesting things to write about and, of course, the time to write about them.

Me: Honestly I have everything I need, I'm blessed far beyond what I deserve. Continued health for my family would top my list. But....Santa...if you wanted to chip in a few more dollars for my bike ride for cancer, here is the link.

For All of Us: I guess we already got our gift, with Dan Shulman returning (for at least a few games this year). But let's ask for health, happiness and more great Blue Jays baseball to watch.

Merry Christmas to all.

Add in your suggestions for Santa.