The interesting thing about today's game was R.A. Dickey throwing to Russell Martin. Dickey was good, 2 innings, first inning he struck out 3, including Travis Snider, allowing one walk. In his second inning he got J.P. Arencibia to pop up (on a 3-1 pitch), then a ground out and a fly out. It sounded like Martin didn't have too much trouble catching his pitches. He did have a few pitches clank off his glove, but that's going to happen.
After R.A. left the game, Drew Hutchison came in and pitched 2 more hittless innings, allowing just 1 walk. He did give up some deep flies but they stayed in the park.
Liam Hendricks had a tough inning, giving up a single, a walk and then a 3-run homer to Alejandro De Aza, not a good showing but there was little chance he'd make the team out of spring training. Aaron Loup allowed a run on 2 hits in his inning.
Scott Copeland, Greg Burke and Juan Pablo Oramas each pitched a scoreless inning.
- Chris Colabello hit a 2 run homer in the 2nd inning. He went 2 for 3 with a strikeout.
- Jose Reyes: 1 for 3 with a strikeout.
- Martin: 0 for 1 with 2 walks.
- Edwin Encarnacion: 0 for 3 with a k.
- Daric Barton: 0 for 2, 1 k.
- Josh Donaldson: 1 for 3.
- Dioner Navarro: 1 for 2 with a walk.
- Kevin Pillar: 0 for 4.
- Ramon Santiago: 1 for 2.
- Devon Travis: 0 for 2 with a strikeout and a double play. Still looking for his first spring hit.
- Ryan Goins: 1 for 2 with a triple and a k.
- Caleb Gindl was hit by pitch, with the bases loaded to drive in a run.
The Jays are now 2-2 on the spring.
Tommorow, at 1:00 Eastern, the Jays make the very short drive to Clearwater to play the Phillies, at a really pretty park.