Lots of good pitching for the Jays today. We didn't give up runs until the 9th.
Mark Buehrle allowed two hits, one off his foot, in his 2 innings. Marco Estrado followed with 2 innings of hitless ball, getting a strikeout. Estrada looked pretty good.
Miguel Castro, Wilton Lopez and Steve Delabar followed with impressive innings. Delabar did allow a single, but he had 2 strikeouts and was throwing a mid-90's fastball. Castro looked particularly good.
Kyle Drabek didn't look as impressive, but he pitched around a leadoff walk and an error to give us a scoreless inning. He bounced a few pitches. We'll see, maybe he'll look better as camp goes along, but I don't see him making the team.
We did have trouble in the 9th.Jayson Aquino allowed a double and a single to start the inning. Gibby brought in Ryan Tepera (did wonder why the quick hook). Ryan got Russ Canzler to strike out, got a ground out from Carlos Ruiz that scored a run, then Brian Bogusevic doubled in another run, but Chris Nelson ground out to end the game. Save for Tepera.
- In the second Justin Smoak was hit by pitch to start the inning, Dalton Pompey singled. After Dayan Viciedo hit into a double play, Kevin Pillar singled in Smoak.
- In the 4th Josh Donaldson had a solo home run, that went a mile.
- In the 7th Dayan Viciedo led off with a double, and Caleb Gindl drove him in with another double. Dayan moved to moved to third on Devon Travis' ground out and Matt Hague drove him home with a single.
- Devon Travis had his first hit of the spring.
- Daric Barton was 0 for 3. He's 1 for 8 with 2 walks this spring.
- Russell Martin was 1 for 3.
- Justin Smoak was 0 for 3, with a k, he's looking for his first hit still.
- Ryan Goins was 0 for 2 with a k. He's 3 for 9 this spring.
Tomorrow's game is on Sportsnet Ontario.