BUF (7-3) - W 5-4 on a walk-off
NH (5-5) - L 4-1
DUN (5-5) - L 3-2 in 12 innings
LAN (7-3) - W 4-0
Sean Ochinko was the hero as Buffalo wins their 6th in a row, scoring 4 times with 2 outs in the bottom of 9. Again, up until the last out, Buffalo had 5 hits and 5 walks, but only counted 1 run. They ended with 8 hits & 9 walks.
- Austen Bibens-Dirkx had a pretty solid start. He started with 5 K's in the first 2 innings, had a rough 3rd inning, and then settled back in. He ended up going 5 innings, allowing 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 6.
- Preston Guilmet gave up his first run of the year. Guilmet allowed 2 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 1 in 2 innings
- Gregory Infante also gave up his first run. He went an inning, allowing 3 hits. He wasn't in the strike zone as much as he had been to start the year
- Bobby Korecky allowed a run on a hit and a walk in his inning.
- Sean Ochinko knocked in the tying & winning runs with a double in the 9th.
- Ezequiel Carrera had a single & a double and also walked. He did get picked off as well
- Matt Hague had a single & a double and a walk as well
- Muni Kawasaki had a hit and 2 walks, but was caught stealing
- Caleb Gindl had a double
- Chris Colabello had a hit and a walk
- Andy Wilkins had 2 walks, including one in the 9th to get to Ochinko
New Hampshire Recap
New Hampshire lost for the 4th straight game, scoring only 1 run again. The Fisher Cats had 4 hits and 2 walks, and that was all they could muster.
- John Anderson started and went 3+ innings. He allowed 3 runs on 5 hits and 3 walks. Anderson also struck out 3
- Cory Burns pitched 2 scoreless. He allowed 2 hits and struck out 1
- Matt West struck out the side, but allowed a run on a hit and a walk
- Greg Burke allowed 2 hits, but no runs. He also struck out 1
- Danny Barnes pitched an inning with a walk and a K
- Jon Berti & Ryan Schimpf paced NH, with a single and a walk each
- Dwight Smith added another single, extending his hit streak to 7 games.
- Shane Optiz had the other hit, although he also made 2 errors in the field.
- Matt Newman picked up another outfield assist, his 3rd of the year.
Dunedin got out to a lead, but the bullpen gave up the lead in the 7th as the D-Jays lost in the 12th. Dunedin had 9 hits and 6 walks for the day, but they did strike out 14 times.
- Murphy Smith made his first start of the year, and went 3 shut out innings. He allowed a hit and a walk, while striking out 3
- Matt Dermody followed with 3 more scoreless innings. He allowed 2 hits and a walk, but struck out 3.
- Brady Dragmire had a poor inning, allowing 2 runs on 2 hits and a walk.
- Jimmy Cordero had 2 scoreless innings, giving up a hit and striking out 2
- Scott Silverstein took the loss going 2.1 innings. He allowed 3 hits and a walk. He recorded a strike out as well.
- Roemon Fields had a good game with 2 hits and 2 walks. He stole a base and scored a run. He also had an outfield assist
- Dawel Lugo also had 2 hits and posted a walk
- Mike Reeves had 2 hits for the first time this season
- Mitch Nay had a double and a walk, while striking out twice
- Ian Parmley & Derrick Loveless both had hits. Loveless struck out twice and also had an outfield assist
- Michael Saunders finally saw game time again, but he went 0-4 with 3 K's
Lansing got back to their winning ways with a solid pitching performance. The Lugs allowed 5 singles and 5 walks, plus 2 hit batters. Offensively, they had 12 hits and a walk, and were hit twice after SRF was wild. 5 Lugs had multi-hit games, which was sorely needed
- Sean Reid-Foley allowed only 1 hit in his 2.2 innings. But he was wild, walking 3 batters and hitting 2 more. He did strike out 4.
- Justin Shafer followed and was solid going 6.1 innings for the longest Lug outing of the year. He allowed 4 hits and 2 walks, striking out 5 batters.
- Ryan McBroom had a triple & a single
- Tim Locastro had a single & a double
- Rowdy Tellez, Justin Atkinson & Josh Almonte all had 2 singles. Atkinson had 2 K's as well
- Chris Carlson had a double
- Richard Urena had a single and struck out twice
- D.J. Davis & Michael De La Cruz had 2 strike outs. De La Cruz added a walk as well
Opening day starter Andrew Albers goes in Pawtucket (BOS) Game is postponed
NH - Travel to Trenton (NYY) to start a series. Starter TBD
No starter has been named to take on Daytona (CIN). Brad Allen will start
LAN - Chase De Jong takes the ball against Dayton (CIN)