BUF (9-4) - W 8-3
NH (6-8) - L 2-1
DUN (6-8) - L 7-3
LAN (10-4) - L 9-4
Buffalo had 3 multi-run innings on their way to beating knuckleballer Steven Wright. The Herd pounded out 13 hits on their way to victory. The bullpen did a strong job of shutting down the win for starter Randy Wolf.
- Randy Wolf started and went 6 innings. Wolf allowed 7 hits, a walk and a hit batter. He struck out 5 for the day
- Steve Delabar followed with a scoreless inning on 9 pitches (8 strikes)
- Rob Rasmussen went 0.2 innings, giving up a hit and recording 1 K
- Preston Guilmet got 1 out
- Bobby Korecky pitched the 9th and struck out 2 batters
- Chris Colabello had a good day at the plate, going 4 for 5 with his 3rd HR of the year.
- Caleb Gindl had a single & a double to go with a walk and a K in 5 trips to the plate
- Ezequiel Carrera & Andy Burns both had 2 singles
- Andy Wilkins had a hit and 3 walks on the day.
- Matt Hague & Josh Thole also had singles
New Hampshire Recap
New Hampshire lost a tight game with Trenton, and anytime you lose to the Yankees it's not fun. The Cats were able to score 1 run on 6 hits. NH went 0-8 with runners in scoring position. Defensively, NH did turn 4 double plays and made an error
- Casey Lawrence pitched 5.1 decent innings. He allowed 2 runs on 7 hits and 3 walks. Lawrence struck out 4 and got 6 ground outs and 3 fly ball outs
- Matt West followed with 1.2 scoreless. He allowed 1 hit.
- Danny Barnes also threw a scoreless inning, allowing 1 hit
- Offensively, Jake Fox had a solo HR, his 3rd of the year. He also had a walk and a K
- Dwight Smith added a double and a walk
- K.C. Hobson had a single and a walk, he also struck out once
- Ryan Schimpf had a single and was hit by a pitch
- Matt Newman & Shane Optiz both had singles. Newman struck out twice and Optiz once
- A.J. Jimenz struck out twice
Dunedin fell behind early and couldn't get back in to it. The D-Jays scored 3 runs on 3 hits and 4 Daytona errors. They went 1-8 with runners in scoring position. They also had no walks and struck out 11 times.
- Luis Santos got the start and wasn't good. He allowed 5 runs on 6 hits and a walk over 2.2 innings. Santos gave up 2 HR's and struck out 2
- Alberto Tirado threw 1.1 innings of scoreless relief. He struck out 1 and walked 2.
- Tiago Da Silver threw 2 scoreless innings. He allowed a hit and struck out 2
- Brady Dragmire allowed 2 runs in 2 innings. He allowed 3 hits and had a wild pitch.
- Roemon Fields had a double and a strike out on the night. He also picked up his 6th steal of the year
- David Harris & Andy Fermin also had singles
- Harris, Matt Dean & Emilio Guerrero each struck out twice
- Michael Saunders started in LF and went 0-4, but was the only starter who did not strike out
Fort Wayne scored early and often, and Lansing was unable to claw back into the game. The pitchers allowed 19 hits in an off night for the Lugs. Offensively, the team scored 4 runs on 5 hits and left 8 LOBsters. Lansing also struck out 11 times, but did take 3 walks.
- Chase Mallard had a rough start. He went 3.1 innings and allowed 5 runs on 9 hits, including a HR. Mallard also hit a batter. He finished with 4 K's.
- Jose Fernandez followed with 2.2 innings of shutout relief. He allowed 2 hits and struck out 2
- Andrew Case had his worst outing of the year. He allowed 4 runs on 8 hits over 2.2 innings. He also walked a batter and recorded 1 K.
- Chase Wellbrock recorded the last out on a ground out
- Rowdy Tellez picked up a double and a walk. He scored a run and struck out once
- Anthony Alford had a double in 5 PA's. He also struck out 2 times.
- D.J. Davis, Gunnar Heidt & Tim Locastro each had singles. Davis also reached on a HBP. Heidt picked up his 4th SB of the year.
- Ryan McBroom went 0-1 but was on base 3 times with 2 walks and a HBP. He's been on base 5 times the last 2 games without a hit
- Alford, Locastro, Dickie Joe Thon & Michael De La Crus each struck out 2 times
BUF - Chad Jenkins gets the start against Lehigh Valley (PHI)
NH - Michael Lee will throw as NH starts a homestand against Binghamton (NYM)
DUN - Dunedin moves home to take on Brevard County (MIL). Starter TBD
LAN - Conner Greene gets the start against Fort Wayne (SD)