BUF (12-6) - L 3-0
NH (10-9) - W 8-3
DUN (9-10) - L 10-0
LAN (12-6) - Day Off
Scott Copeland took the loss as the Herd couldn't get any offense going on Monday night, in their 3-0 loss. Buffalo picked up 6 hits and 3 walks, but couldn't push a run across. The pitchers only allowed 7 hits but walked 4 as well. Buffalo only struck out 4 times on the night, but couldn't take advantage
- Scott Copeland threw 5 innings and allowed 2 runs. Copeland was touched for 5 hits and 3 walks. He struck out 1 and got 12 ground ball outs to 2 fly balls
- Preston Guilmet followed with 2 scoreless innings. Guilmet struck out 4 and allowed no base runners
- Steve Delabar threw a scoreless inning. He allowed his first walk of the season but that was all
- Bobby Korecky allowed a run on 2 hits and a strike out in the 9th
- Andy Burns had a solid game, with a double and 2 singles.
- Brad Glenn had his best game of the year, with a single and a double
- Matt Hague had the other Bison hit
- Chris Colabello saw his hit streak come to an end at 6 games, but got a walk
- Ezequiel Carrera & Munenori Kawasaki each added a walk. Carrera picked up his 5th SB of the year
- Caleb Gindl struck out twice in this one
New Hampshire Recap
New Hampshire scored runs in 4 straight innings to blow this game open and beat Trenton 8-3. Both teams put up 9 hits, but NH had 5 extra base hits. The Fisher Cats picked up 5 walks and struck out 6 times. New Hampshire pitchers struck out 11 batters and walked only 2.
- Casey Lawrence started and went 6.1 innings, allowing 3 runs on 8 hits and a walk. He struck out 6 batters and got 6 ground outs.
- Danny Barnes pitched 1.2 innings, giving up a walk and striking out 3
- Blake McFarland pitched a scoreless 9th, giving up a hit and picking up 2 K's
- Kevin Nolan had a solid game, picking up 3 singles and scoring 2 runs
- Ryan Schimpf continued his hot streak with 2 doubles. He scored a run and drove in 3
- Melky Mesa showed his pop with a double and his 1st HR of the year.
- Dwight Smith had a double, a sac fly and 3 RBI's
- Jorge Flores had a single and a strike out
- Jack Murphy scored 2 runs on 3 walks
Dunedin got beat up early and often in this one, allowing runs in each of the first 5 innings in their 10-0 loss to Daytona. The Tortugas (have to look that one up) picked up 8 extra base hits, including 3 HR's on the night. Dunedin pitchers did record 11 K's, but 11 hits and 2 walks was more than enough for Daytona. Offensively, the D-Jays were only able to muster 5 hits and 2 walks.
- Jayson Aquino started and went 4 innings. He gave up 5 runs on 5 hits, including 2 HR's, and 2 walks. He did record 6 K's and got 6 ground outs
- Matt Dermody followed with 3 innings. Dermody gave up 5 runs on 5 hits, including a HR. He struck out 4 batters
- Tiago Da Silva threw 2 scoreless innings. He allowed a hit, and struck out 3
- David Harris picked up a double
- Christian Lopes & Jason Leblebijian each had a single
- Dawel Lugo had a single and struck out once. He also was caught stealing and made an error
- Jorge Saez had a hit and 2 K's. He also had a passed ball
- Emilio Guerrero & Derrick Loveless had a walk each
The entire Midwest league was off on Monday
BUF - Buffalo continues at home against Norfolk (BAL). The starter is TBD. By my count, it should be Chad Jenkins, though Randy Wolf is also due.
NH - New Hampshire takes on Trenton (NYY). Michael Lee takes the hill
DUN - Dunedin will look to get some revenge on Daytona (CIN) at home. Luis Santos makes the start
LAN - Lansing starts a series at Lake County (). Chase Mallard starts