BUF (21-19) - W 5-2 over Columbus (NYY)
NH (20-20) - L 4-0 to Reading (PHI)
DUN (18-22) - W 6-5 over Tampa (NYY)
LAN (23-17) - W 8-1 over South Bend (CHC)
Buffalo was able to find their offense late in this one, as both teams played 7 innings scoreless, before both scored twice in the 8th inning. Buffalo added 3 more in the 9th and that was the ball game. Buffalo had 13 hits and 6 walks, to go with 5 strikeouts. The Herd left 11 LOBsters, as every hitter reached base. Columbus picked up 11 hits and 5 walks, while striking out 7 times. They were hurt going 1-11 with runners in scoring position and stranding 12 runners.
- Randy Wolf started and had a strong start. Wolf didn't allow a run over 7 innings, scattering 7 hits and 3 walks. Wolf also picked up 7 K's and had an 8:3 ground out to fly out ratio
- Chad Jenkins had another difficult outing, allowing 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk
- Colt Hynes pitched the 9th and was able to nail down the win allowing a hit and a walk
- Kevin Nolan was the hero in this one, hitting his first AAA HR of the year, a 3-run shot, off Canadian Dustin Molleken to put the Herd ahead.
- Matt Hague had a 3-hit night, including a double
- Chris Dickerson & Melky Mesa both had 2 hits. Dickerson picked up a stolen base in the 9th, while Mesa added a walk and struck out his other 2 at-bats
- A.J. Jimenez had a double and a walk
- Andy Burns, Luke Scott, Brad Glenn & Jonathan Diaz both had hits. Glenn added 2 walks as well
- Munenori Kawasaki was the only start without a hit, but walked twice and added a stolen base
New Hampshire Recap
New Hampshire lacked any offense on Wednesday night, giving up 2 runs in the 4th & 7th innings in their 4-0 loss to Reading. New Hampshire had 5 hits and 2 walks, while they struck out 8 times in this one. They only had 2 at-bats with runners in scoring position and delivered an 0-for. Reading picked up 6 hits and struck out 5 times. Reading also got a homerun in this one. The only inning the Fisher Cats threatened was the 6th inning, which ended with a double play.
- Joel Pineiro started and allowed 4 runs on 6 hits in 7 innings. Pineiro also struck out 4 batters and getting 11 ground ball outs
- Dustin Antolin pitched a scoreless inning, getting a strike out
- Jorge Flores had 2 singles
- Ian Parmley added 2 singles
- Shane Optiz had a hit
- Dwight Smith picked up 2 walks
- Ronald Torreyes made his debut and went 0-4 and had a forgettable debut. Torreyes flew into a double play in the 1st, reached on a fielder's choice in the 4th, grounded in to a double play in the 6th with the bases loaded and lined in to a double play in the 9th
Dunedin got out to a quick start, quickly gave the lead back and then was able to chip away to take the lead, then gave it back before winning in a walk-off 6-5 over Tampa. Dunedin had 12 hits and 5 walks in this one. They also struck out 5 times. Tampa picked up 10 hits and struck out 10 times. Dunedin ended up 5-13 with runners in scoring position, but still managed to leave 10 LOBsters
- Jeff Hoffman made his debut and was good with the exception of a rough 2nd inning. He went 5 innings and allowed 4 runs on 8 hits, including a homerun. He didn't walk a batter and struck out 3. You can read more about it HERE
- Jeremy Gabryszwski followed and threw 4 decent innings of relief. He allowed a solo HR in the 8th inning as the only run that scored. He gave up 1 other hit, and struck out 7
- Roemon Fields had 3 hits, including a double, and scored 2 runs.
- Matt Dean & Dawel Lugo each had a single, a double and drove in a run. Dean also took a walk, while Lugo drove in the winning run in the 9th
- Jorge Saez had two hits and a walk
- Maicer Izturis played his 2nd game and picked up a hit and scored a run
- Dickie Joe Thon & Boomer Collins each added a hit. Collins added 2 K's
- L.B. Dantzler had 2 strike outs
- Derrick Loveless picked up 2 walks and scored 2 runs. He also stole a base
Lansing got out to a quick start, putting up 2 in the 1st and 5 more in the 2nd as they would cruise to an 8-1 win over South Bend. Lansing had 9 hits and 5 walks, and struck out 5 times. South Bend had 8 hits and 4 walks, and they struck out 11 times. Lansing did a good job of shutting down South Bend, as the Cubs went 1-for-11 with runners in scoring position.
- Sean Reid-Foley started and had his typical start. He went 3 innings, allowed 3 hits and 3 walks, but no runs scored. He also struck out 7 batters. The 3 hits were 2 fly balls and a ground ball.
- Chase Mallard followed with 5 solid innings, allowing a run on 5 hits and a walk. Mallard struck out 3
- Michael Kraft threw the 9th, and didn't allow a hit or a walk, and he struck out 1
- D.J. Davis had a good game, picking up 3 hits and scoring 2 runs. He had a double and a stolen base, but was also caught stealing as well. Davis also had an outfield assist
- Gunnar Heidt had a double
- Anthony Alford picked up a hit, a walk and 2 K's, but also scored 2 runs. Alford also made an error in the field
- Danny Jansen, Justin Atkinson & Chris Carlson all had a hit and scored a run. Carlson picked up 2 walks and Jansen added a walk
- Rowdy Tellez had a hit and a walk
BUF - Buffalo moves to Toledo to take on the Mud Hens (DET). Andrew Albers is scheduled to start
NH - New Hampshire enjoys a day off
DUN - Dunedin welcomes St. Lucie (NYM) to town. Murphy Smith is the scheduled starter
LAN - Lansing takes on South Bend (CHC) again. Chase De Jong gets the start and looks to build on his last outing