BUF (15-9) - Night Off
NH (13-12) - L 5-1
DUN (12-13) - W 3-2 in 13 innings
LAN (15-10) - W 7-6
Enjoyed a night off
New Hampshire Recap
New Hampshire had a poor 5th inning, giving up 5 runs which turned out to be the difference in a 5-1 loss to Reading. New Hampshire had 5 hits and 3 walks on the night. Reading picked up 13 hits and 2 walks on the night. Every Reading hitter picked up a hit, including former Jay farmhand Gustavo Pierre. Aside from the 1st, New Hampshire didn't put up much of a challenge as Aaron Nola settled in.
- John Anderson started and was charged with all 5 runs in 5 innings, including a grand slam. He allowed 10 hits and walked 2 in his start. Anderson struck out 2 batters
- Scott Barnes pitched 2 scoreless innings. He gave up 3 hits and struck out 2
- Tiago Da Silva pitched a perfect inning with 2 ground outs and a fly out
- Dwight Smith was all over the box score tonight. He went 2-4 with his 3rd HR of the year in the 1st. Smith also was caught stealing and threw a runner out at home in this one
- Jorge Flores picked up a hit and a walk
- Matt Newman picked up a single and a walk
- Jon Berti had a single to lead off the game and was then picked off before Smith's HR
- Jake Fox had a walk
- Emilio Guerrero struck out twice
Offense was at a premium in Tampa tonight as the D-Jays and the Yankees played 13 innings and combined for 13 hits. Dunedin had 8 hits and 3 walks, while striking out 14 times. The Jays went 2-8 with runners in scoring position. Tampa picked up 4 hits and 6 walks, but struck out 17 times. For the game the Yankees went 0-6 with RISP. Tampa had a HR in the 7th to tie things up, and then Dunedin scored in the 13th on a manufactured run to win this one.
- Justin Shafer made his Dunedin debut and looked decent allowing a run in 5 innings. Shafer gave up 1 hit and 3 walks, while striking out 3. He recorded 8 ground outs versus 3 fly outs
- Alonzo Gonzalez gave up a solo HR in his 3 innings. He gave up a single and 2 walks to go with it. Gonzalez struck out 5 but needed 60 pitches to get through his innings
- Luis Santos followed and looked better out of the bullpen than he has as a starter. Santos went 4 scoreless innings, giving up 2 hits and a walk, while striking out 7.
- Wil Browning pitched the 13th with 2 K's to close the door
- Jason Leblebijian pushed in the winning run on an error in the 13th. He did pick up a single on the night and also struck out 4 times
- L.B. Dantzler had a double and a walk
- David Harris & Dickie Joe Thon both had run scoring doubles and added a strike out each
- Dawel Lugo, Mitch Nay & Jorge Saez had a single and a K each
- Derrick Loveless had a hit and a walk. He also picked up his 3rd stolen base of the year.
- Roemon Fields went 0-for but had a walk, a sac bunt in the 13th and struck out twice
Lansing made it more interesting than it needed to be, but held on for a 7-6 win over West Michigan. 2 runs in the 8th and 2 more in the 9th made it tight. Lansing had 11 hits and a walk. They also took advantage of 2 errors. West Michigan had 9 hits and 6 walks, and also used 3 Lugnut errors to get back in to the game.
- Sean Reid-Foley started and seemed to control the zone a little better than he has recently. SRF went 4 innings, giving up 2 runs. He allowed 3 hits and 2 walks, while striking out 4. Reid-Foley also hit a batter. He also had a 6-1 groundout to fly out ratio
- Chase Mallard went 4 innings, giving up 2 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks. Mallard struck out 4, while getting 7 ground outs.
- Phil Kish pitched the 9th giving up 2 runs on 3 hits and a walk. He struck out 1 as well
- Richard Urena had 3 hits, including a double in this one. He also scored a run
- Anthony Alford had a single and a double. Alford struck out twice, scored 2 runs and stole his 1st base of the year
- D.J. Davis picked up his 1st HR of the year, and also added a walk and a K
- Ryan McBroom hit his 1st HR as well, as Davis & McBroom went back-to-back. He also had a sac fly and was hit by a pitch
- Tim Locastro had a triple in this one
- Danny Jansen had a double and drove in 2
- Rowdy Tellez had a single and a K
- Gunnar Heidt had a single and was caught stealing. He also struck out once
BUF - Buffalo goes in to Durham to start a series with the Bulls. Andrew Albers starts after his trip to the show
NH - New Hampshire continues in Reading (PHI). Starter TBD
DUN - Dunedin looks to beat Tampa (NYY) again after playing 13. Murphy Smith starts for the D-Jays
LAN - Lansing takes on West Michigan (DET) again. Chase DeJong gets the ball