BUF (15-11) - L 1-0
NH (14-13) - W 5-2
DUN (12-15) - L 9-1
LAN (16-11) - W 7-2 & L 6-2
Buffalo couldn't find any offense on this night as they wasted a strong start by Daniel Norris in his 2015 AAA debut, losing 1-0 to Durham. Buffalo picked up 5 hits on the night, and also struck out 6 times. Durham had 4 hits and 3 walks. They struck out 8 times. Buffalo went 0-6 with runners in scoring position, but never really threatened in this one.
- Daniel Norris went 5.2 innings, allowing a run on 4 hits and 3 walks. Norris wasn't great but he was solid, throwing 95 pitches (53 strikes) in this one. Norris picked up 4 K's
- Ryan Tepera threw 2.1 innings of no-hit ball. He picked up 4 strike outs
- Andy Burns had a double in this one
- Melky Mesa picked up a double as well
- Dalton Pompey had his first hit since he was sent down
- Caleb Gindl had a single
- Brad Glenn got to hit clean-up and responded with 3 K's
New Hampshire Recap
New Hampshire had an early start and they got solid pitching in a 5-2 win over Reading. 3 in the 4th and 2 in the 5th was all the offense New Hampshire needed. New Hampshire picked up 10 hits and 2 walks for the day, only striking out twice. Reading had 6 hits and 3 walks for the game. Reading wasn't really able to take advantage of 2 Fisher Cat errors.
- Matt Boyd started and went 6.1 innings. He allowed 2 runs on 3 hits and 2 walks. Boyd struck out 4. He also got 5 grounds outs and 8 fly outs. Boyd threw 84 pitches with 49 strikes
- Danny Barnes had an eventful inning, allowing 3 hits and a walk, but no runs
- Blake McFarland threw the final 1.2 without allowing a baserunner. He struck out 2
- Jon Berti had 2 doubles in the game. He also scored a run and struck out once
- Jack Murphy had 2 hits, including a double. He scored a run and drove in 2
- Dwight Smith had a double and scored a run
- K.C. Hobson had a hit and a walk.
- Matt Newman, Jake Fox, Jorge Flores & Shane Optiz all had hits. Fox also picked up his 1st SB of the year
- Emilio Guerrero scored a run on a walk and also struck out once
Dunedin had troubles again tonight, losing to Tampa 9-1. Tampa pounded out 16 hits, but the big blow came in the 6-run 1st on a Dawel Lugo error. Although 2 runs were already in, 4 more came in after the error. Dunedin challenged to score in the first, but seemed deflated after the bottom of the inning and didn't put up much of a fight. Dunedin had 5 hits on the night, adding 4 walks and striking out 10 times. Tampa also added a walk and struck out 6 times
- Jeremy Gabryszwski started and only got through the 1st. He allowed 6 runs, 2 earned on 6 hits. Scrabble 3 had 2 K's, but threw 38 pitches in the first inning so he was done for the day
- Matt Dermody allowed 3 runs in 4.2 innings of relief. He gave up 7 hits and hit a batter. He struck out 4
- Jimmy Cordero pitched 2.1 scoreless inning. He gave up 3 hits and a walk. He didn't strike out a batter, but got 6 ground outs
- L.B. Dantzler had 2 hits on the night. He drove in the only D-Jays run, but also struck out twice
- Jason Leblebijian had 2 hits and a K. Leblebijian also had his first stolen base for the year
- Roemon Fields had 2 walks on the night and scored the Dunedin run. He stole 2nd and then 3rd in the 1st, but was stranded. That gives him 13 for the season
- Derrick Loveless walked twice
- Matt Dean, Dickie Joe Thon & Jorge Saez all struck out twice
Lansing picked up 10 hits in game 1 of the doubleheader as they beat West Michigan 7-2. Lansing had 2 extra base hits, walked twice and struck out 7 times. West Michigan had 8 hits and 4 walks, and struck out 5 times. Whitecaps 2B Joey Pankake (gets some votes for best name in baseball) had a stolen base, but basically I just wanted to use his name
- Jesus Tinoco made his 2015 debut and threw 4 innings of scoreless ball. He allowed 4 hits and 2 walks in this one. He also struck out 3 batters.
- Starlyn Suriel threw an inning, with a hit and a K. Not sure why he only went an inning today
- Conor Fisk made his 2015 debut as well, going 2 innings and allowing 2 runs. Fisk allowed 3 hits and 2 walks. He also struck out 1 and threw a wild pitch
- Boomer Collins had the big hit, a 3-run HR for his 1st of the year
- Gunnar Heidt had 2 hits in this one
- D.J. Davis & J.D. Davis each had 2 hits and a K. D.J. scored 2 runs and picked up his 6th stolen base
- Ryan McBroom had a double and was hit by a pitch
- Tim Locastro had a single and a strike out. He also picked up his 9th SB of the year
- Rowdy Tellez had a hit and a K
In game 2, West Michigan got out quickly with 2 in the 1st and 3 more in the 3rd as they cruised to a 6-2 win. West Michigan had 10 hits and 2 walks. 6 of the hits went for extra bases. Lansing picked up 4 hits and 3 walks on the night. Lansing didn't really threaten other than the 5th when they scored 2.
- Chase De Jong started and allowed 6 runs on 9 hits over 5 innings. He also walked a batter, hit a batter and struck out 3. De Jong also picked a runner off 1st.
- Mark Biggs threw scoreless innings. He allowed a hit, a walk and struck out one.
- Rowdy Tellez picked up a double in this one
- Ryan McBroom and Tim Locastro had singles
- J.D. Davis had a hit and a K. J.D. also scored a run
- D.J. Davis had a walk and 2 K's on the night. He scored a run as well
- Anthony Alford had a walk and 2 K's
- Danny Jansen picked up a walk
BUF - Buffalo takes on Durham in an 11am start. Miguel Castro makes his first start of the year, and it will be interesting to see what kind of pitch count he is on
NH - New Hampshire is off as they travel from Binghamton
DUN - Dunedin welcomes Lakeland (DET). Brad Allen with the start
LAN - Lansing travels to Fort Wayne (SD) to start a series. Shane Dawson takes the mound