Blue Jays pick RHP Brady Singer in the 2nd round of the 2015 MLB Draft

New, comments

With their 2nd round pick, number 56 overall, the Blue Jays picked Brady Singer a RHP, another big guy, 6'5".

Minor League Ball says:

Brady Singer throws from a low 3/4 slot and has bumped up to 96 this spring while sitting in the low 90's. Due to his funky low slot, he struggles to break off a breaking ball consistently but he should be able to spin a slider with his arm speed. He is very projectable and could get his velo to sit closer to what he maxes out as. Commitments to Florida are often strong and I would rather see what he does at Florida than pay him top 2 round money. I'm not sure he can start with that arm angle and build.

MLB has this video of him.

FanGraphs says:

Singer is polarizing, in that some clubs don't like his low slot and high back elbow, while others see a cleaner delivery, better command and a more projectable frame than Singer's former travel ball teammate, Tyler Danish.