There was a time in this fair land when the railroad did not run: GameThread for Game 80: Red Sox @ Jays

New, 549 comments
Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images
Happy Canada Day. I'm so happy to be able to celebrate Canada Day at the ball park. What would make it even better is if we crushed the Red Sox today.
I'm so lucky that my parents decided to immigrate to Canada. They could not have made a better choice.
For Canada Day, I have a line from Gordon Lightfoot's Canadian Railroad Trilogy, for the post title. There are a lot of great Canadian songs, great Canadian singers, but, for me, this is the best song ever to come from a Canadian. I've seen Gordon Lightfoot in concert several times. In the old days, when he was drinking, the shows weren't great. But, after he was sober, he could put on a great show.
GO JAYS GO!

Remember we have rules here. Mostly don't be terrible (it seems like a small thing to ask). No arguing with the Mods, you have a problem, email Tom, but in the thread, let's not debate rules.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.