I only us my gun when kindness fails: GameThread for Game 89: Jays @ Royals

New, 838 comments
Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY Sports
Game 1 of our last series before the All-Star break.
I bought a new bike today. I bought a mountain bike several years ago, but I've only got on 'mountain' trail a couple of times, but I've been riding on the paths in town, so I wanted a lighter bike.
Anyway, tonight's lineup:

Lineup

BLUE JAYS ROYALS
Jose Reyes, SS Alcides Escobar, SS
Josh Donaldson, 3B Mike Moustakas, 3B
Jose Bautista, RF Lorenzo Cain, CF
Edwin Encarnacion, 1B Eric Hosmer, 1B
Danny Valencia, LF Kendrys Morales, DH
Russell Martin, DH Salvador Perez, C
Dioner Navarro, C Omar Infante, 2B
Kevin Pillar, CF Alex Rios, RF
Devon Travis, 2B Jarrod Dyson, LF
Marco Estrada, P Danny Duffy, P

The title line is from a song written by Robert Earl Keen called 'When Kindness Fails'. I love the line. I've had days like that, you try to be kind and nice and it doesn't get you anywhere, so you stop being nice....thankfully i don't owe a gun.
GO JAYS GO!

Remember we have rules here. Mostly don't be terrible (it seems like a small thing to ask). No arguing with the Mods, you have a problem, email Tom, but in the thread, let's not debate rules.

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.